- GlyTR is developing an entirely new class of antibody independent immunotherapeutics;
- GlyTR targets cancer antigens abnormally expressed in virtually all types of cancer;
- GyTR is a platform technology that generates both bi-specific proteins and chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR T);
- A single GlyTR therapeutic induces killing of multiple solid and blood cancers,ranging from breast cancer to leukemia
GlyTR™ is an early stage biotech company developing an entirely new class of immunotherapeutic anti-cancer molecules and cells.
GlyTR™ Therapeutics is currently incubating at EvoNexus, Irvine.
About GlyTR Therapeutics
Based in Irvine, Calif., GlyTR Therapeutics is developing a novel immunotherapy platform technology that uniquely targets highly diverse cancer types, ranging from breast cancer to leukemia. GlyTR technology can overcome many of the shortcomings of current immunotherapies by binding to never-before targeted tumor associated carbohydrate antigens (targets) that are common to many cancer types.
GlyTR Therapeutics is based on research that has come out of UC Irvine’s Research Lab. Professor and Inventor Dr. Michael Demetriou and Dr. Raymond Zhou are the scientists and founders of GlyTR Therapeutics. Their hard work and research over many years have culminated in a unique method to kill cancer cells across all types of cancers.
PROBLEMS with antibody based immunotherapies:
- Limited number of cancer specific protein antigens;
- Lack of shared protein antigens across different cancers;
- One therapeutic for one cancer type;
- Antigens often present on normal cells, leading to On-target Off-tumor killing;
- Fail to effectively target the most abundant and widespread cancer antigens known.